Saturday, August 1, 2009

Our First Overnight Visitors

The last 2 weeks have been a wonderful, busy blur of going to Florence and coming back home and then having Tina, Parker and Claire visiting. It's been great to be on the go because Caroline never has a chance to get bored!

On the way to Florence, Jonathan and I celebrated the 5 year anniversary of our first date by returning to the scene-California Pizza Kitchen. We didn't get table 41, but we were close enough. We even ordered the same thing we did on that fateful date. This time we had an extra set of eyes watching us closely.


Caroline enjoyed helping Mom get the mail, and pretty much anything outside.

I let Caroline test drive the bed one morning. She's never slept in a big bed! She liked it for the picture, but not much after that.

I was busy most of the time organizing stuff that I had stored since moving from Atlanta along with yearbooks and childhood stuff. We filled up a small U-Haul truck. I haven't figured out what to do with half of it! Do I need my yearbooks from elementary school?? The Boris Becker museum needs to go somewhere. And some of my journals from early high school are painful to read-did I really write that?! Tempting to trash some of those. I have journals for every year from 1988 until present so they are adding up. Oh well. Glad I have an attic.


We got to see Goody on the way home.



So, I have a Michael Jackson greatest hits cd that the kids started listening to in Birmingham. I looked in Claire's room where the kids were all jamming to "Beat It" over and over. After a week of listening to it and Parker playing it on Guitar Hero, it is now safe to say Caroline has an unlikely new favorite song. Everytime it ends, she points for me to play it again!



In Mobile, we did so much! We saw an alligator in the water outside Felix's Fish Camp on the very first night. The media room was transformed into the Wii room and Caroline thought she was winning every game!


Caroline played with straws and paraded around Butch Cassidy's at lunch. And we went to the Old Dutch ice cream shop-yummy.


Caroline thought Wintzel's music (or Parker?) was a bit loud at dinner.


I loved making breakfast everyday at the bar. Caroline felt like such a big girl.

For our day downtown, we went to the Exploreum. We got in free with our McWane Center memberships. Caroline has been to the preschool section before but I think she had more fun with the cousins there. Then we ate some home cooking at Mamas, some chocolate at Three Georges and visited the Cathedral and the square.


We took them to Jonathan's favorite place-Godfather's Pizza. No kidding. Caroline loves balloons and won't move her hand if we tie it on...so we tied it to the chair.


Tina chilling with all the ducklings.

Here we are at the Big Time Diner. Someone did not want to get in their high chair.


On the last night we got together with Jason, Jennifer, Jacob, Joshua and Grammy for ice cream and pie...but I was so busy having fun I forgot to take pics! Well, it was a great time. Still singing "Beat It"....

No comments: