Saturday, April 24, 2010

Welcome Olivia Charlotte Cole

She's here!! What an adventure. We arrived at the hospital Tuesday night at 10:30pm, ready to start some initial steps for a Wednesday induction. As soon as I got checked in and into bed my contractions started picking up. They put the monitor on and very soon I was having some very real contractions-without any medicine. So we were in the right place at the right time! It was too early for an epidural so I got other pain medication to get me through the night. Thank goodness! Induction started around 8 on Wednesday and I had Olivia Charlotte Cole at 3:16pm on the 21st. She was NINE POUNDS and two ounces. I knew she was big! We are very in love with her already. Amazing how just setting eyes on your baby can produce such love.


Last pregnant pic with Caroline.


My sweet husband spent the night on a small bed.


Last pic before baby (don't I look ready?!)



Here she is after her first bath that she did not appreciate.



Meeting big sister


Caroline has been very sweet, especially since we got home. She loves to give kisses but does not like it when she cries.


Coming home

Meeting family (my family arrives today)



At home now for a few days. Sleeping during the day more than at night but definitely a sweet girl and very alert when awake. I can't get enough of her...love her smell:)
















1 comment:

Linda----Charles said...

Congratulations!! What a precious little one! Or should I say BIG one. But these Coles do come bigger, don't they? smile... Caroline definitely looks like you Judy, but I think this one favors Jonathan. Hoping to see her soon!