Friday, August 22, 2008

5 AM Bust

Last night I was completely busted. Thanks to the newest front tooth coming in, we are having some night sleep disturbances. Most of the time I can look in the cracked door and evaluate to see if an intervention is necessary. However, last night I needed to make a crib side evaluation which requires stealth-like movements. In this case, hands and knees were required. As I fumbled across the floor, the crying ceased. And then my scuffles became more noticeable. I tried to make a retreat but it was too late. She suddenly lifted her head above the crib bumper and eye contact was made. Not a good thing as loud communication began immediately. Needless to say, it would have been a good candid camera moment.

Have you ever heard of an 8 month old who discovers the pacifier??? Yes, it has always been around since the day we took her home from the hospital but never totally appreciated. Goodness knows, I tried! We always carry one around but it is usually regarded as a handy toy. Not anymore. Officially part of the sleep routine now. Strange!

Our first toast and juice snack. Love the toast since it gives me a few minutes of quiet. Hate the mess.

Playtime is exhausting sometimes.




Everything needs to be inspected from the knees.

I always knew I would be funny to someone one day.


Our new friend, the pacifier.

1 comment:

Anna said...

So funny! And so true! There have been many nights that I've had to literally run (quietly of course) out of Austin's room to avoid him waking up and looking at me.

Paci's are great, aren't they? So weird that she waited until now to discover it.