Sunday, March 14, 2010

Grand Anniversary

Jonathan and I decided to celebrate our 4th anniversary a week early this year since his schedule worked out better that way. We had a great 2 days while Grammy and Ole gave Caroline a mini-vacation too:)
We started out with lunch at True....truly delicious! Shrimp and grits to die for.

Then we went to Eastern Shore for some shopping and errands before dinner at a wonderful Italian place (forgot the name!). Then we headed for the Grand Hotel in Point Clear. We walked around and found a hammock and listened to the breeze in the trees....it was perfect weather.

Mark it down-I actually sat in a chair with a book and blanket. This NEVER happens!

We ordered DELICIOUS desserts. I had to take a picture. Doesn't it look like a magazine cover?

We slept late. I mean late. It was marvelous. Then we toured the grounds and it was just beautiful. I feel like I really escaped in a short amount of time.

I ate breakfast on our balcony.



Yesterday we took Caroline to her first Easter egg hunt at her future school, UMS-Wright. My expectations of fun were rated at a 3 and it ended up being a 10. So many precious children there. Caroline's hunt was for ages 0-2 which was perfect.

We gave Bully the Bulldog a five.

Got our picture made with the Easter Bunny. (hopefully they got a better picture than we did)


Isn't this little boy precious? Had to take a picture.


We were going fast picking up eggs until we discovered there were animal crackers inside the eggs!!

Fun times! Saw quite a few friends, old and new, which was nice.




Caroline is making up songs now to the tune of Dora's backpack song. She enjoys telling us what to eat ('try it, Mommy') and is still having fun with her tall tales. She knows more and more places around town and points them out when we pass by. Today she showed me where she got her haircut! Can't believe she remembers that! Seems to be in a growth spurt since she ate half a sleeve of crackers on a playdate this week! Her friend, Jack, was trying to keep up but she ate him under the table!
I am finally understanding what people mean when they say pregnancy was uncomfortable. I didn't feel half this uncomfortable last time! One of my hips is hurting so I am walking a bit strange and limpy. Going to have to slow down now.
33 weeks and counting.


No comments: