Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I saw the Christmas spirit of giving today

I have to share this. I was waiting in line in Target and watched a woman in front of me pay and then hand her bag to the cashier saying, "Merry Christmas-this is for your children." The cashier was stunned and then very grateful. Everyone around was smiling and surprised. After the woman left and I was checking out, the cashier explained. Apparently, the woman had gone through the line minutes earlier with some toys and the cashier had commented on how she would love to give her kids those items too. So the woman took her purchases to the car and then came back and bought those items again from the same cashier so that she could give them to her for her children. It was a wonderful thing to witness the happiness of the cashier!

No comments: